Except for Mike Fernandez.
The drama started to unfold in Politico a few days ago.
Bush’s biggest donor: Trump a ‘bullyionaire’
Fernandez calls Trump a ‘hater’ and ‘BULLYionaire.’
Calling Donald Trump “a hater” and a “narcissistic BULLYionaire,” Jeb Bush’s biggest donor has decided on his own to take out full page ads trashing the Republican poll leader in newspapers in Miami, Las Vegas and Des Moines.
Mike Fernandez, a billionaire who has contributed more than $3 million to elect Bush, announced his decision Friday after a CNN poll showed Trump dominating the GOP field with 36 percent of the vote while Bush has fallen to 3 percent.
Fernandez said he decided to make the ads on his own out of frustration with Trump and his supporters, whom he describes as “a segment of the electorate who have come to think of Trump as a god, when in fact he is worse than the devil himself.”
Actually readable version here.
As the Daily Mail Online reported: “Mike Fernandez paid for the advert to be run in The Miami Herald [on Sunday] and it will also be printed in Des Moines and Las Vegas on December 14.”
Of course, no way the GOP Hair Apparent would take that, er, lying down.
Donald Trump Threatens to Sue Top Jeb Bush Donor Over Negative Ads
Florida billionaire Mike Fernandez announced last week that he planned to buy full-page ads denouncing Trump as a hateful demagogue and comparing him to Adolf Hitler and Benito Mussolini. A few days later, Fernandez received a letter from Trump lawyer Alan Garten threatening legal action if the ads were published.
Said threat: “Please be advised that in the event your ads contain any false, misleading, defamatory, inaccurate or otherwise tortious statements or representations concerning Mr. Trump, his business or his brand, we will not hesitate to seek immediate legal action to prevent such distribution and hold you jointly and severally liable to the fullest extent of the law…”
That’s where it stands as of Tuesday night.
Stay tuned . . .